Liggs Fighting Gym Details Nov 19, 2015 2:48:46 GMT -8
Post by Mia Kearney on Nov 19, 2015 2:48:46 GMT -8
Liggs' fighting gym is modeled after a martial arts dojo with some slight alterations. For one, seeing as there is hardly any natural light in the underground city of liggs, there thin, light allowing walls were removed and replaced with concrete. A much sturdier material should any pokemon be sent flying by either side's attacks.
As one would enter the gym a female receptionist would take their trainer details and ask them to sign a waver. While it's finer details would be too long and intricate to explain here, the basic gist is that the league, nor Mia or the city of Liggs, are responsible for any bodily harm, broken ribs, missing teeth, etc, that may befall them during this challenge. Challengers MUST sign this before they are allowed to challenge Mia. Challengers who do not sign the form will be asked to leave the premises, or may be offered the chance to watch one of Mia's matches should a challenge already be taking place, allowing them to see why the form was required.
The interior is further changed from a regular dojo by having a small elevated area at the opposite end. This is decorated with a small side table to a worn out couch - the couch turned away from the entering challenger - and a wide plasma screen on the wall. This is Mia's "pad" while she awaits challengers. Her usual gym attire is a jacket, gauntlets, tube top, shorts, an over skirt, and boots. (look at her FC for referance)
Upon a challenger approaching, she will explain the following rules. (rules in brackets are not mentioned ICly, meaning challengers will be unaware of them)
- Challengers must fight her alongside the pokemon battle. (Mia will scale herself down to the opponent, never actually doing permanent harm and simply providing a distraction to giving their pokemon orders. Challengers who simply "flee" during the fight and never fight back will not be awarded the badge, as Mia believes they have not proven they are willing to fight alongside their companions)
-- The human battle will take place on the left side of the gym while the pokemon will fight on the right side. The left side will elevate slightly, introducing shock absorbers so earthwauke and similar moves do not effect the humans
- Mia will accept single battles, 3 v 3, and 6 v 6. Double and triple battles are not allowed. In any of the three cases, a challenger is required to send their pokemon out first, removing "some" of the type advantage they may have for a short while.
- If a challenger somehow managed to beat HER before the pokemon battle ends, they are still required to win the pokemon battle, minus her distraction. If a challenger how wins the pokemon battle, victory is assured. (and a badge is rewarded should they have proven they are willing to fight alongside their pokemon.
- There are no other special terms. In every sense par perhaps the human fight, her gym should be treated like any other battle.
NON - CALC RULES
For those wishing to participate in a battle and are too inexperienced to use calc.
- Stats matter : Even without calc, pay attention to your pokemon's base stats and the base power of their attacks. A quick attack may be fast and hard to dodge, but they're also pathetically weak in most cases, so trying for a KO with them is gonna be pretty difficult.
- Mod summons : If you feel your attacks for a turn are powerful enough, and your opponent has been worn down enough so as they may not be able to dodge or block it easily, you may post a mod summon to call for a Mod to review the battle so far, and declare whether or not the target of your attacks has been KOed. To avoid abuse of this, or slowing down battles through repeated summons, trainers are unable to post 2 mod summons in a row.
- Extra details : Everytime you make a mod summon, make sure this is made extra clear to your opponent so they know not to post. Clear notes must still be kept and basic battle rules still apply. Please mention the species of your pokemon and not the nickname in all notes to help mods who will be reviewing for KO.